healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Eating Out Stress

I have found that now that I only have 4lb left to lose, all I want to do is prepare my own food. I think I may be being a little bit irrational, but I am so focused, that I don't want anything to jeopardize my success.

A. I know the scale is just a number, but I cannot get my hair cut/dyed until it says a specific number :P I would feel like I was breaking a promise to myself.
B. I am already very very happy with my progress, and in the long run, what will 4lb look like, but I have a number in my head, and by god, I need to reach it.

Case in point:

It is my sisters birthday this Saturday, and she wants to eat out at East Side Mario's, yum. I love ESM, but their free bread, and practically unlimited number of carb rich choices is deadly. I weigh in on Sundays. Uh Oh. I have worked so hard this week, tracking, exercising every day, drinking my water, making healthy choices, I feel fantastic. I don't want to jeopardize a possible loss by eating out the night before :( Does this make me a terrible sister or what?

I have been analyzing the NI from their menu, trying to plan out a meal that will be both satisfying and points friendly and I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible. Not the mention the fact that the sodium content is outrageous and I would gain water weight from eating one bowl of starter salad alone.

What do I do?

Yes, I have 40/49 weekly points, and Yes, I have 30AP points that could be used.. But I have found my last 2 weeks that eating my weekly's left me with a very minimal loss. I know any loss is a good loss, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel, I have worked SO hard to get to the end, I don't want anything to throw me off balance.

I called my mom to see if we could change the date to Friday. But in all honesty, I have no desire to eat out. I want my healthy food, that I prepare myself, because I know what goes in to it, and I will know exactly what I am ingesting, no hidden agendas.

Am I being completely unreasonable?