healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Decisons.. Decisions...

I am having a dilemma. Well I don't know if I can even call it a dilemma. I don't know what it is. It is a decision... A huge decision... A life altering, momentous personal growth involved decision... A huge huge huge commitment. But the commitment is for 1 year... Could I do it?

I am currently the President of the Nursing Society at my school, and it has been a lot of work, a lot of organizing, a lot of time consuming nonsense, a lot of trying to motivate others, a lot of picking up slack, a lot of stress, and at times a lot of fun, and always very rewarding (even if I act bitter). I have had a lot of personal growth from it, and although I am looking forward to being done this position I don't think it is because of the tasks it has brought me, it has more or less been the constant feeling of needing to control everything because if something goes wrong it comes back on me and makes me look bad.. Make sense?

Well, now an opportunity has arisen that is even bigger, and even more important than being the President of the nursing society...

I am considering applying to be the Director of Communications of the Canadian Nursing Students Association. This is huge. I would be on the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors... I would also sit in on the national meetings of the Canadian Federation of Nurses Unions.. Wow. Momentous. Gigantic. So So SO Important.

Tasks involved with this job?
- Meeting Minutes & Transcription
- Monthly Teleconference with President and Vice President
- Attending Board of Directors Meetings across the country
- Attending CNFU Meetings across the country
- Keeping the website up to date
- Regulating website forums
- Sending messages to all delegates of the CNSA

Do I think this is a bigger job than being the president? Honestly, I don't know. I mean the president was a lot of work. But that was more or less organizing every event that we had to do... This is on a larger scale, but I am a fast type-er, and I am computer-savy, so I don't think website updates or typing minutes would be hard.

I will be in my 4th year of studies next year.. Which I have heard unanimously that it is easier than 3rd year.

I wont have a job next year, I wont take dance class next year, I wont have a boyfriend next year... I will have school and the hour of dance I teach on the weekend.

Can I fit this in?

Do I want to fit this in? Absolutely. Wow. To be on a board of directors like this at the age of 20/21... I would be starting out my career so strong. It would look phenomenal on my resume, and I would learn SO much.

Can my sanity take this? I sincerely hope so... It will be hard work, but I think it will pay off in the end.

I am setting up a meeting with the chair of the program at RDC to see if I can get faculty support as I will be missing some of my classes next year for meetings (if I were to win the position).

Really, what could I lose? Maybe a little time. But what will I gain? So much.

What is your opinion? Do you think I should go for it?