healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

School+Stress=Gain

Ugh. School is so extremely stressful. No wonder I didn't lose any weight during my last tutorial session. Over my last clinical and month off, exercising became very important to me, even if it was only 30 minutes a day, I still tried to get it in 4-5 days a week.

Now that school has started, I barely have time for anything but homework and it seriously stresses me out. On top of being the president of the nursing society, a full course load, dance, teaching dance, and trying to settle issues with the ex, I barely have any time for relaxing, and who wants to get up and go to the gym when its time to relax?

Last week I only exercised twice, and I ate out maybe too much (although I made healthy choices), and this resulted in a 1lb gain. Not too much. So I guess it will do. I am now at 143lb. 3lb till goal.

This week I have started off right. I did my 30 day shred video twice and went for a run today at the dog park. What a great feeling! Last time I went for a run I could only go around the short circle, barely making it without feeling like dieing. This was 6 months ago. This time, in the snow, I made it around the long circle and felt like I could keep going! Next time I will try to go around the very long circle and see if I can make it! What a great NSV.

Trying to keep track of the eating by writing it all down in my diary. At this point I will be content if I stay 143 for the entire 6 weeks of tutorial, as long as no more gains occur I will be happy.