healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Holy Holi-daze

Oh my gosh.

The amount of food ingested by myself in the past 2 days has been nothing short of disgusting. Delicious? Absolutely. Worth it at the time? YES. Wait an hour, still worth it? NOOOOOO. Oh gosh. I feel so gross and bloated.

Now, I am so thankful that 11 months of hard work cannot be undone by 2 bad days of eating, because man on man, I feel NASTY.

Weighed myself today because I am currently en route to Vancouver (staying at the sisters house in Calgary, and I hate using other peoples scales) and I gained a pound. Not surprised. Back up to 146 for a week. I deserve it. I should have made better decisions, but I also understand that I need to live a little and enjoy the holidays for what they are, a holiday. 2 days of the year. Will not unhinge all other healthy decisions I have made.

It is so noticeable though, the way you feel after you eat healthy compared to when you eat shitty. Should be enough to keep me from saying "No" to both desserts, but its not.

On happy note, I went boxing day shopping to try and find some deals on buying a few pairs of new jeans because mine do not fit me anymore. No 8's available.... Uh Oh. Shall I dare try on a 6?

Well.. I did. And lo and behold, it fits. WAIT, WHAT?! They fit.... They fucking fit.

I am a size 6. How incredibly normal... How incredibly... Healthy.

(insert happy dance here)

Such an accomplishment. It is totally enough to help me get back on track (tomorrow!) and to continue. 6 pounds? Pffft. That's nothing.

Going to fly into Vancouver tomorrow. Arrive at 9:30am. Uncle is going to go grocery shopping so I plan on picking up lots of fruits and veggies for the week to help keep me on track and healthy!

I also plan on doing lots of walking, and if it is nice perhaps I will go for a jog in the Vancouver rain :)

Also going to go boarding, so I should be O.K. exercise wise for the week. Not as much cardio, and I don't expect a loss, but I expect to make healthy choices and that is what it is all about.

Hopefully I can keep away from the beer and stick to the vodka. Hopefully. Ha ha.

Wish me luck! Hopefully will stay healthy!