healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cookies & Cupcakes

Why can't I control myself?

It seems that whenever I feel ahead something pops up, I lose focus, and I eat, and eat, and eat, and eat.

Today started out fantastic. I got up early and went to the gym. It was all downhill from there. Got home, made myself some macaroni for lunch (the last box I will ever buy until I reach goal, I should have known better). Ate the whole bowl. Followed by a Starbucks Coffee. Gross.

Went to Clinical. Today was our 2nd last day and we set up the Christmas Tree at our agency. My clinical partner made cookies (peanut butter, and chocolate chip), and I supplied the cupcakes (chocolate, and vanilla). Needless to say, nearly 12 cookies at 5 cupcakes later, I feel so disgusting.

I finished it off with my salad for supper (good intentions), but holy man, I am so sick of cookies I probably won't be able to eat another one for at least a few months.

Why is it so hard to focus on eating healthy when there is so much else to focus on in life? It is so hard to make it a priority. It seems that if I can't make it to the gym I eat healthy, but if I go to the gym, I start to eat less healthy because I feel like I rationalize it by burning calories during cardio. Does this make sense? No. Of course not. It is extremely irrational. I need to change this mindset. Geeze.

Gonna sleep it off. Tomorrow is a new day.