healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Choice to go Veg.

So this week I made the decision that I am going to become a vegetarian. It is more or less a transition of my current lifestyle and I think it will be great in boosting my energy and cutting out unwanted fat. Typically, the only meat I ever really cook for myself is chicken breasts, and that only happens once, maybe twice a week. Other sources of meat that I consume occasionally include lunch meat on sandwiches, and turkey at holidays. I don't like red meat, or fish, so I eat them once in a blue moon. The other sources of meat that I eat come in extremely unhealthy forms (hello Ham and Pineapple pizza and McDonald's Big Mac's and Cheeseburgers). I figure that by making the choice to cut meat out entirely, I will be able to make a conscious decision to eat healthy(er) when going out to restaurants, or eating fast food.

So far it has been easy, I like fruits and vegetables and when going to lunch on the weekend I was able to have a pizza with cheese and red peppers and a salad.

I will continue to eat dairy because I love milk and yogurt and cheese, and I will also eat eggs as they are a good source of protein and they are used in almost all grain-based products such as bread and noodles.

I am not doing it for animal rights reasons or environmental reasons, just health reasons.

Weighed myself today instead of tomorrow because I knew I was going to be facing some high sodium, high fat foods at my Safeway Christmas Party tonight. Needless to say I did, and one dipped ice cream cone later I am SO gassy and bloated. Not worth it. I would much rather have had fruit. Next time I will know.

I was 147lb again today. No change. That's ok. I had a high stress week, and I tried to focus on getting through the days. This week will be different.



Here is a picture taken of me before the Christmas Party tonight. 7lbs till goal!

Meal Plan for Tomorrow:
Breakfast
- Yogurt with blueberries and strawberries
Lunch
- Banana with peanut butter, Carrots and dip, Christmas Orange
Dinner
- Mixed Veggies with Sauce
Snack(s)
- 100 Cal. Fiber Plus Granola Bar
- 1 cup Strawberries

MMmmmm. I love a good meal plan :) Makes me focused.