healthy |ˈhelθē|adjective ( healthier , healthiest )in good health: : feeling fit and healthy.• (of a part of the body) not diseased : healthy cells.• indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health : a healthy appetite | a healthy balanced diet.• (of a person's attitude) sensible and well balanced : a healthy contempt for authority.• figurative in a good condition• desirable; beneficial• A conscious choice; A life-long commitment.

Monday, November 8, 2010

30lbs down!

YES!

I am down to 150lbs! A mere 10lb from goal, and THREE pounds from a healthy BMI.

When I first started this journey, to be completely honest with you all, I had no belief in myself that I could get here. I was timid, scared, alone, self-conscious, unhappy, un-confident, every negative word, that is what I was. I didn't think that I had it in me to get to where I am.

What changed?

As the weight slowly came off (and trust me, it was a slow process), I started realizing, hey I can do this, I can say no when someone offers me food, I can recognize when I am hungry or just emotional, I can listen to m negative self talk and stop to re-evaluate what I am thinking.

I can do this.

So here I am, 30lbs later, and I know that I will lose the last ten. I have no doubt in myself anymore. I can put my mind to something, and I can achieve it. And you know what? You can too.

Start small, set 5 or 10 pound mini goals, Go for a walk, take the stairs. Every small thing you do will eventually amount to something big.

Don't ever doubt your power. You are in control, not your stomach, not the part of your brain that is addicted to feeling full. The beautiful, healthy person inside you is what is in control.

I am so motivated!